Conflicts and contests regularly arise in the marketplace. With the arena now on a global level and with events moving at higher speeds, it is more important than ever to find resolution and a winning strategy, quickly and effectively. Our litigation team is comprised of proven experts with the wide range of experience necessary for our clients to be confident, and to have the peace of mind needed to focus on their business. Our attorneys have handled cases with positive outcome for both domestic and foreign clients in a wide range of technologies and for several different aspects of their intellectual property portfolio, whether that be patents, trademarks, trade dress, trade secrets, or copyrights.
With regular appearances before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, other U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal, U.S. District Courts, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and USPTO Administrative Courts, we can help navigate you through these complex proceedings in the courts of the United States. Whether working toward the enforcement of your intellectual property rights, or the defense of an action alleging infringement of other’s intellectual property rights, our expertise extends to the following matters:
- Pre-law suit investigation to determine whether the intellectual property right in question is valid, and is likely to be found infringed.
- Prosecution and defense of patent, trademark, and copyright infringement cases, and related issues, including formulation of cost-effective litigation and trial strategies, the conduct of discovery, the selection and preparation of expert witnesses, dispositive motion practice, trial preparation, and the conduct of the trial.
- Formulating litigation strategies that explores the possibility of reexaminations as offensive or defensive tactics as part of an overall strategy for attacking or validating a patent.
- Counseling regarding Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolutions, and the conduct of those proceedings.
- Formulating settlement and licensing strategy, and the drafting and negotiation of settlement and license agreements.
- Appeals of decisions of U.S. district courts, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit or to the regional U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal, as appropriate.
- Administrative litigation proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.