A company’s name and logo represent the reputation on which they succeed in the global marketplace. Trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress are clear examples of how a company’s intellectual property portfolio impacts everyday business, the value of its brands, and the image and relationship that it has with its customers and suppliers. These distinctive and valuable marks can take the form of words, both real and fanciful, logo designs and even distinctive ornamental product configurations and shapes. NSIP Law understands that a company’s brand, and all of the components that go into it, is a critical component in their continued success, as they build on their accomplishments to strengthen and expand their relationships and establishments globally.
Our intellectual property attorneys are skilled in obtaining secure and enforceable trademark and service mark registrations, policing those trademark rights, and providing consultation and opinions in trademark and trade dress enforcement matters. We have successfully filed and prosecuted trademark applications for many different types of clients in a variety of industries, and have the experience and knowledge to protect your name, brands, logo designs, and product configurations, both domestically and internationally.
Our expertise extends to the following matters:
- Assisting clients with the selection of distinctive word, design, and product configuration trademarks that would most easily qualify for registration and provide them with strong and enforceable rights.
- Global registration and clearance searches to determine the availability of marks for use, and the eligibility of marks for registration in the U.S. and throughout the world. We ensure that our clients make the right decisions for their business regarding the selection and registration of their marks to maximize the effectiveness of their efforts, while also being cost conscious and efficient with ours.
- Drafting, filing, and prosecuting applications for trademark and service mark registrations in the United States and throughout the world.
- Prosecuting appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Assisting clients with protecting their trademarks and service marks as Internet domain names, and preventing unfair usages of those marks on the Internet.
- Negotiating trademark license agreements and concurrent use agreements.
- Representing clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO.
- Representing clients with respect to the enforcement of their registered trademark rights by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Service.
- Enforcement and protection against trademark and trade dress infringement, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and counterfeiting in the United States federal court system and at the U.S. International Trade Commission.